Study in Australia
Australia has been a popular study-abroad location for Indians for the past 10 years. Thanks to the presence of various top-notch educational institutions that provide educational programs and specialties in numerous areas, over 3 Lakh foreign students pursue higher education in Australia each year. According to a study in Australia consultants, seven Australian institutions routinely rank among the top 100 universities in the world, attesting to their top-notch academic programs and resources.
Top 10 Universities for Overseas Study in Australia
- Australian National University (ANU)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- The University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Monash University
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Adelaide
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- The University of Wollongong
Top Courses to Study in Australia for Indian Students
Do you have a certain field of study that interests you?
There’s a good chance that Australian universities can accommodate you.
According to the student’s areas of interest, Australian universities provide a wide variety of courses and programs. There are several alternatives available to students, whether they choose to participate in an undergraduate or graduate degree. For degrees in the social sciences, management, natural sciences, mathematics, life and agricultural sciences, clinical medicine and pharmacy, and physics, study in Australia is renowned.
Various degree programs available in Australian universities:
Arts and Design:
- Literature, History, Psychology, Foreign Language Studies, Communications, Philosophy, and Public Relations.
- Education Studies, Special Education, Accountancy Teaching.
Engineering and Technology:
- Chemical, Automotive, Civil, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Mining, Environmental, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, and Mechatronics.
Hospitality and Tourism:
- Hotel Management, Commercial Cookery, Tourism Management
Mathematics and Computing:
- Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer-Based Information Systems
- Nursing, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Personal and Family Health Care, Pharmacy,
- Pharmacology, Environmental Science, Chemistry
Visual and Performing Arts:
- Art, Fashion Design, Music, Crafts, Performing Arts, Graphic Arts
- Agriculture Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Biotechnology
Law and Business Administration:
- Economics, HR, Accounting, Commerce, Marketing, Management, Administration.
Australia Study Abroad: When and How to Apply
Australian universities accept applications year-round for study abroad programs. According to a university’s academic calendar, new students are often accepted in two intakes throughout each academic session, which typically occurs in February and July or November.
However, since the visa application process requires a turnaround time of 1 day to 12 weeks, it is preferable to apply as early as possible. Depending on the institute, you should try to have your application finished and submitted by mid-November/late December if you want to start your studies in Australia for the February intake. You need to finish your application by May if you want to be considered for the July intake.
Australian Academic Intakes
- The length is one year, and admission occurs in February (depending on the university).
Vocational Education and Training courses:
- Duration is 6 months to 1 year, and admissions are in TAFE Institutions in Jan, May, June, and Oct.
- Admission takes place in February, July, and November, and the program lasts three years (four for honors) (depending on the university).
- Intake occurs in March (depending on the university), February, July, and November, with a duration of 1-2 years.
- Duration is 3–4 years, with an annual intake according to what the project or the supervisor need.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Australian Universities
The following are the general requirements for admission to Australian universities:
English Language Proficiency for Study in Australia
- Every applicant must pass an approved English language competency test. Australian universities typically consider IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE scores.
- A minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in each section is required for post-graduate studies, while an IELTS band score of 6 with a minimum of 6.0 in each section is necessary for undergraduate programs. You can quickly get an Australia visa and be admitted to a prestigious university with the aid of IELTS. IELTS might be helpful to you academically as well. IELTS preparation takes a lot of time and effort. As a result, I must advise you to stop wasting time on at-home IELTS preparation and sign up for IELTS coaching right away. These days, IELTS classes are inexpensive, so you won’t need to spend as much on coaching. You can navigate life with the aid of the greatest IELTS coaching in Lucknow, such as that provided by Meridean Overseas Education Consultants.
Undergraduate Study in Australia
- Either a high school diploma or a year 12 diploma.
- Grades in class xii that are at least 60% or higher.
- Xii math lesson in mathematics is a requirement (for some sciences and technology courses).
Postgraduate Study in Australia
- 15 Years Of Education Or A Recognized Undergraduate Certificate
- High Academic Standing
- Relevant Work History (Some Universities Require This For MBA Programs)
Checklist of Documents for Applications to Austrian Universities
The list of documents needed to apply to institutions is as follows:
- Mark sheets from higher secondary and secondary school, as well as a diploma
- Passport Copy
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score (whichever is applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- A collection of works (for courses in art, design, etc.)
Typically, it takes Australian Universities between 2 days and 4 weeks to respond to or complete a student’s application.
It is suggested that students apply as soon as feasible.
Student Life in Australia
Australia is renowned for providing students with sufficient opportunities to learn, develop, and travel in a multicultural and safe environment.
International students’ safety while studying in Australia
Australia’s laws support high-quality education and provide protection for international students, regardless of what they are studying or how long they plan to study it for.
Australia has a relatively low crime rate and is one of the safest countries in the world for overseas students. Lanes are often clear, wide, and well-lit at night. In Australia, there is rigorous anti-gun and anti-drug legislation, and robberies and assaults are rare. International students’ interests are ensured and protected by a student support cell in Australian universities. They offer support and aid in addressing administrative or academic complaints, as well as medical care and other services related to students’ welfare.
Universities offer the following assistance to foreign students:
- Learning a language.
- Counselors for international students.
- Aid with applying for and processing visas.
- Orientation sessions upon arrival.
- Services for housing, health, counseling, and employment.